Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Failings

Today was a whole bunch of failure.

Ok, so that might be an exaggeration... but it started off with David not eating a good breakfast. Fail. After gymboree I took David to the DMV with me (for the second time since moving here) to try to get a Texas drivers license. After unloading him and all of our stuff from the car, they tell me I need to have my passport. WHAT? No one said that last time. I didn't see that clearly on the website?! They didn't care. I had my CA State ID, my social security card, and everything else they asked for, but it didn't matter. FAIL.

We go home, and he eats a great lunch. Awesome.
At 3pm, I put him down for his nap, only he won't go to sleep. He plays for 30 minutes in the crib, and then starts crying. I let him cry for 15 minutes, then finally go in to give him back his blanket that he had tossed. He starts super crying. His mom was home working, and I didn't want to distract her, so I go in and pick him up and try to rock him to sleep.

Guess what. He barfs all over me, the rocking chair, the floor, and the bookshelf. I stand up, and he does it again, all over the rug.

And honestly guys, it was THE most disgusting barf ever. It smelled like cheese. I'm sorry but it is true. I almost threw up on him. I rushed him to the bathtub, where I got us both in our undies. I put on a pair of Mommy's pants and borrowed a shirt from Daddy. I left David naked. Then, I scrubbed the floor, chair, rug....so smelly.

I come home at 9pm, and have no cat food. Lana is hungry. Fail.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry! Days like that just suck. But I gotta tell you. The part about the barf that smelled like cheese almost made me puke all the way over here in Qatar.

    ReplyDelete